How do I treat my vocal cords when I lose my voice?
The first thing you should understand for yourself, as with any disease, treatment started in time after a cold will lead to recovery much faster. Therefore, as soon as you feel the first symptoms, we advise you to immediately take a set of measures aimed at treating the vocal cords.
Second, it is necessary to exclude the loss of voice due to causes unrelated to the disease of the ligaments, for example, pathology of the nervous system, accompanied by a violation of the innervation of the larynx and throat. These are usually serious reasons that require a serious medical approach, and often surgery.
Cold. As a result of hypothermia or viral infection, the vocal cords become inflamed and swollen, resulting in loss of voice. Swelling can also be the result of an allergic reaction, such as dust during cleaning, or pet hair.
A long conversation or professional loads of lawyers, teachers, and singers lead to overstrain of the ligaments. Deterioration occurs in wet, autumn weather and the beginning of the heating season in the premises. In vocalists, over time, special growths are formed on the ligaments, called “singing nodules”. They require surgery and removal in order to maintain professional performance.
The voice may disappear due to psychoemotional shock. In this case, the help of a psychologist or psychotherapist will be invaluable.
“Smoking, including passive Smoking, causes a special chronic form of laryngitis, which is accompanied by constant hoarseness.”
In this group of causes can be attributed to the abuse of seeds, carbonated beverages. Some medications dry the throat.
Treatment and prevention
It is very important to catch the moment when the voice is just beginning to disappear or there is a feeling that the ligaments are overstretched. It is at this point that you need to tell yourself to stop and start taking active measures to restore your voice.
If the problem is still ripe, then you can treat the disease in several ways:
1. Contact a medical professional-an otolaryngologist or a narrower specialist-a phoniatrist.
2. Use available traditional medicine.
Whatever the source of the voice disturbance, always follow these rules:
1. Limit the load on your voice box! If you need to speak, do it in a low, low voice, but not in a whisper.
2. Increase the amount of liquid you drink — this will reduce dryness in the larynx and swelling. Herbal teas with honey and lemon are very useful, but be careful if you are allergic. Mulled wines are the only drinks containing alcohol that can be included in the recommended list. To drink small SIPS.
3.A tired body and throat including protein returns to life. Drink broths and eat lean meat. Fruits and vegetables will saturate the body with vitamins and strengthen the immune system after a cold.
4. You can gargle with infusions of sage, chamomile and calendula. These are good antiseptics that will remove inflammatory phenomena.
5. Moisten the air in the room. It is better to buy a special device. You can also place wet Terry towels on hot batteries.
6. Quit Smoking! Unequivocally and irrevocably. This will help not only the voice, but also the entire body.
7. Before performances, it is better not to chew seeds, crackers, and do not drink especially carbonated drinks with dyes.
8. Chocolate causes an unpleasant tickle in the throat.
9. If the cause is stress, then various methods of relaxation and psychological relief will help to cope. If you feel that you can’t do it, seek professional advice.
10. You can not give a sharp load on the voice apparatus after silence. First, you need a little singing.
11. You should never sing right after you Wake up. At least 2 hours.
12. The healing power of the sea breeze. Fyodor Chaliapin performed the most famous arias on the black sea coast.